Monday, April 30, 2018

Maple Pecan Scones

Not my recipe… but a great one that I had to try.  It’s a keeper.
I’ve been all over the board with non-sugar substitutes.  I am literally trying everything I can find.
The author of this recipe swears by Swerve and for some reason I have yet to try that one.  So even though the recipe calls for SWERVE, I used Xylitol.  They still taste wonderful.
Scones 6b



Ingredients:
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 large egg
1//4 cup butter melted
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp maple extract
For the Glaze:
6 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp maple extract
Water if needed
Scones 2a
scones 4a
Scones 5a
Preparation
Scones
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat, (which I always forget I have).
Whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.  Add pecans, butter, egg, cream and maple extract and stir until dough forms.
Place dough on the parchment paper and shape into a circle ab out 7 or 8 inches in diameter.  Slice into 8 wedges and separate the wedges individually on the baking sheet.
Bake 25-30 minutes, checking at 25 minutes.  Mine took longer to bake and I would bake them even a tad longer to firm them up a bit.
Let cool on the pan.
For the Glaze:
Whisk together powdered swerve, maple extract and heavy cream.  She suggests adding a bit of water to thin the mixture if needed.
Spread or drizzle over the cooled scones and let set.
NOTE:  The first time I made these I used a combination of cream cheese, sweetener and cream. 
I piped this heavier topping from a plastic bag as I didn't have the Powdered Swerve. 
It was good, but better with the Maple Glaze.
Recipe from :AlldayIdreamaboutfood.com

1 comment: