Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rudolph Fondant Figurines

I’ve spent some time lately making these fondant figurines for this Christmas cake that I have planned (in my head).  Whether or not this cake actually turns out anything like I planned will be another story.

Here is a sneak peek of the Rudolph Characters that will be a part of the cake.

First we start with Hermie the Elf.  I made Hermie as if he was popping out of the snow bank when he first meets Rudolph, (and of course because he didn’t need a body that way). rudolph figurines 004a

rudolph figurines 002a

Next, I did Sam the Snowman.. not bad.. a little rough around the edges, but I’ll fine tune him later.

rudolph figurines 005 rudolph figurines 006a

Then, the Bumble.

At the time of this picture he had no arms or legs yet. He’s finished but you’ll see that when you see the cake.

rudolph figurines 014a

Of course we needed Santa.

With my computer in the background, I keep a picture of the characters up on the screen while making the figurines.

rudolph figurines-santa 006a

rudolph figurines-santa 003a

Um… yeah, I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed these characters bodies, but they seem to have gigantic bodies and toothpick legs. So there was no way little skinny branch legs were gonna hold up this fella, so yep, he’ll be stuck in the snow too!

rudolph figurines-santa 012a

Rudolph took me three different tries… so no pictures yet. I’ll post pictures of the finished cake when it’s done in a couple of days. Wish me luck…  without it, you just might see cupcakes posted instead.

lisapinkforksignature

2 comments: