Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainbow Cake

It appears I’m in a ‘cake mix’ kind of mood lately.
I’ve been eyeing rainbow cakes on the internet for a while now and have decided it was time to give it a go.
This recipe begins with a mix, (you can thank me now if you wish).
I’m not promoting one cake mix over the other, but this is what I had so it’s what I used.
rainbow cake 004a
Follow instructions on the box for a 2 layer cake.
Decide on 5 or 6 colours and the divide the batter into equal parts in small bowls.
rainbow cake 008a
I used food colouring gel for 4 of the colours, but just to test it, I used the liquid for blue colour and there was no difference, so feel free to use either.
rainbow cake 017a
Make sure the colours are completely mixed. Do NOT over mix batter.
rainbow cake 009a
Start with one colour and pour half of that colour in the center of one pan, and the center of the other pan.
Take the 2nd colour and pour half again ON TOP of the first colour of each pan.
Pour the 3rd colour half and half again on top of the last colour.
As you continue to pour on top the batter underneath will spread and it will look like this when you’re done.
rainbow cake 013a
Then make sure you stand at the oven door watching it bake just like I did!!
rainbow cake 016a
Sit and count the minutes until it cools so you can ice as fast as you can.
rainbow cake 021b
Finally…
rainbow cake 022a
  No need to tell you how moist it is !
rainbow cake 025a

rainbow cake 041a 
rainbow cake 028a
Enjoy !


lisapinkfork

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just stumbled onto your blog via the friday meme, and I had to leave a comment telling you how wonderful I think your blog is! Your design is pretty, and your content is great!

    Please keep it up, I've followed you for more. :D

    Best Wishes,
    ●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬●

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 100% positive my batter would not look like yours when I poured it. I manage to mess up all things I cook no matter how easy they are supposed to be.

    It looks fun. When I get time I am going to try this. I'll let you know how mine turns out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete